New Orleans Office - Current Opportunities:
Account Payables & Admin Coordinator:
Mail your application, resume, or apply in person:
DCL Employment: 4400 North Galvez Street, New Orleans, LA 70117
Position: Accounting & Sales Admin. Coordinator
Reports To: CFO
Status: Full time, Nonexempt
DCL Mooring and Rigging is a growing New Orleans-based company seeking a professional to join our team as an Accounting & Sales Coordinator in our New Orleans office. This position reports to the CFO and works closely with the Accounting Staff, Sales Executives and Operations. This person will be responsible for the timely processing of payables, assisting sales in order processing, answering incoming calls and other administrative task (assisting with HR & payroll). Processing payables is a top priority but serves just a portion of the position responsibilities. This person will work under the guidance of the CFO to assist with accounting, HR and payroll functions as well as with the assistance of the Sales Director to expedite the processing of sales orders and other sales related admin support.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties as may be required by their supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have impressive communication and organizational skills, be highly energized and a progressive thinker. They must be engaged and diligent in pursuit of their goals. They should excel at the basic skills of multi-tasking, working under pressure and computer proficiency. Superior analytical skills, ability to be flexible and a history of building relationships are a must.
Position and Company Overview: Product and industry knowledge, responsiveness, customer care and energy within DCL’s team have been a cornerstone in DCL’s successful history of consistently exceeding customer requirements. DCL requires active involvement with its customers and suppliers. Knowledgeable and trained personnel are critical to DCL’s success and its future. DCL’s high standard of producing quality product and meeting the expectations of our customers reinforces our high customer retention rates and has placed DCL in favorable positions to secure business and broaden its customer base.
Primary Objective: Manage and accurately account for all cash disbursements, assist with accounting functions and maintain general administrative office tasks efficiently, effectively and professionally.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Align with the company purpose, culture and vision.
- Continuously improve by seeking new and alternative ways to perform required tasks/duties and make recommendations to continuously improve the tasks/duties of co-workers, suppliers and customers.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers, business partners and management.
- Process and post all payable invoices, petty cash and expenditures promptly and accurately, following proper controls, to ensure cash expenditures are properly accounted for.
- Assist sales team with various administrative task including, but not limited to data entry in ERP system or other sales software (e.g., CRM, certs online) and managing/organizing electronic files.
- Respond efficiently and professionally to all vendor discrepancies, inquiries, and requests.
- Prepare and distribute all required reports, accounting schedules, journal entries as well as external vendor, government and other compliance reports.
- Prepare monthly Sales and Use tax returns.
- Administer Petty Cash fund.
- Compile information and prepare spreadsheets to assist CFO in fiscal accountability and financial analysis.
- Assist CFO in coordination of field work and inventory observations with auditors for annual financial audit as well as respond to related requests for supporting documentation, schedules to prepare and reconciliations.
- Inventory, manage and organize all office/kitchen related supplies efficiently while reducing costs and maintaining sufficient supply.
- Manage vendors related to office services, repairs, maintenance and contracts, while effectively and efficiently responding to requests and needs for these related services.
- Assist making travel arrangements for staff
- Maintain a well-organized records management system that is easy to access and understand.
- Respond quickly, professionally and effectively to all requested administrative tasks and projects.
- Respond promptly and effectively through telephonic, electronic and written communication
- Communicate clearly, positively and professionally to all customers, suppliers and employees.
- Work closely with other members of administrative team and serve as backup support for primary daily functions.
- Bachelor degree and/or min. 4 years related experience in business or related industry fields with preference for experience in the marine, oil & gas and industrial areas
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and deal tactfully with personnel, vendors, customers, and the general public.
- Experience and skills in computer usage and technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple projects while paying close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Capable of working with a high degree of personal discipline, drive and professionalism.
- Positive attitude, strong reasoning ability, decisive and assertive.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills and qualities.
- Display moral integrity and a desire to continuously learn and grow.
- Ability to work within a team environment, take directions, learn and coach.
- Pass background check and drug testing before and during employment, with no disqualifications.
- Sit frequently, stand and walk occasionally.
- Push, pull and reach above shoulders frequently. Squat, crouch, bend and kneel occasionally.
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs., frequently lift up to 10 lbs.
- Use hands for simple and firm grasping and fine manipulation
Salary is commensurate with experience, skills and education.
E -mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide the most safe, effective and economical lifts and connections to marine and industrial customers.
DCL Operating Principles:
- Safety of life, limb and property is never compromised and is our first priority.
- Our products and services are made right, the first time.
- We respect people, equipment and property at all times.
- Customer service drives all of our actions and is the most important part of our business.
DCL Quality Policy:
- Understand our customer’s requirements
- Meet those requirements each and every time and
- Continuously improve our processes
To be the dominant rope, rigging, mooring and industrial supply company in the areas we operate and markets we serve.